Thursday 11 April 2013

a trip down memory lane

My Dad celebrated his 79th birthday this week - he thought he was 80 so it was a nice surprise to find out that he's a year younger!

Anyway, my sis and I took him out for a drive.  It was so grey, cold and windy that we though that was a better option than a trip outdoors.  The heater in my new car is brilliant so we were lovely and cosy.

We took a drive down memory lane.  

When my sis and I were little girls (many moons ago) we spent our summers at our static caravan near Silloth, on the West Cumbrian coast.  The photo's below look quite bleak but we remember having wonderful holidays there.  Sunny summers full of sand and sea, swings and slides, ice-cream, candy- floss, coke floats, milk-shakes and penny arcades.





I'm sure this little machine was in the penny arcade 40 years ago - I remember that little boat would sail round with your prize and drop it into the treasure box and down the chute. 

Of course being beside the seaside we had fish 'n' chips for lunch followed by ice-cream.   


Then homeward bound for a cup of tea and slice of birthday cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment