Sunday 10 February 2013

♥ 52 Weeks of Happy (6/52) ♥

I'm still not feeling a 100% so I haven't been out and about much this week or taken many photos.  

But... I do have four small things that have made me smile.





1.  I found this flower pot in a cupboard when putting a vase away and it made me smile because I don't remember planting any bulbs and I really haven't a clue what they are!  We'll just have to wait and see...  mini daffodils perhaps?  The snowdrops in the front garden have come to life this week too - such delicate looking flowers yet they must be quite robust little things to brave against the rain, hail and snow.


2.  On Thursday MissG had to go to the dental clinic - not really something you would think would put a smile on your face!  We weren't looking forward to it because although it was just an initial consultation to decide what could be done with her broken tooth we knew that she was probably going to have it removed.  Anyway the consultant we saw was so funny - we both came out of the clinic still laughing.  She was lovely and kind and said some really positive things to help MissG have the confidence to face her next appointment.  Much relief all round.  Phew!

3.  On Friday our school was closed for teacher training so MissG and I went to see Les Miserables.  I don't know why but I enjoyed it so much more 2nd time around, the acting was so much better, the singing was so much better and I was much more moved - I cried in the cinema and I cried in the car on the way home.  What a wuss!  MissG loved it too (without crying) and talked about it non stop all night - she was so shocked that Russell Crowe jumped!   

4.  This weekend I've been able to tick off a few more things on the list of DIY jobs to do before we put our house up for sale.  Boring I know, but to keep me company, while down on my hands and knees painting the radiators, I have been listening to Desert Island Discs.  Such a diverse list to chose from in the BBC archives.  Martin Clunes, Brian Moore and Eve Pollard kept me company this weekend with their fascinating life stories and obscure music tracks. Loved it.












No comments:

Post a Comment