Wednesday 14 November 2012

shopping with sis

Today I met my sister for a spot of shopping in Penrith, the Gateway to the Lakes.

We live an hours drive away from each other so Penrith is a handy little town for us to meet as it's about half way (well, 40 mins for me and 20 for her).  


There are some nice little independent shops which are especially pretty at this time of the year, all decorated with their Christmas stock.


There's quite a good selection of eateries.  We had tasty panini's in The Bewick this time but the food is great at No.15 too.

There is a small craft shop where they stock a wide variety of crafty things.  Samantha, gave us a demonstration on a Cuttlebug machine.  I hadn't heard of a Cuttlebug before but I happened to mention how much I liked the intricately cut paper samples that were hanging up and Samantha explained that they had been created using a Cuttlebug. 



It is a small portable machine used for cutting and embossing.  It's quite a pricey piece of kit but it creates a really professional look and I'm sure both MissG and I could make all sorts with it!  My sister and I have signed up for a workshop to learn how to use a Cuttlebug to make Christmas cards and we will hopefully learn a few tricks of the trade.  We may even ask Father Christmas for our very own Cuttlebugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment