Friday 2 November 2012

autumns arrived

A trip to the Lake District is a must at this time of the year.  The colours of the autumn are stunning.


MissG and I went up to Windermere today.  No photo's of Windermere I'm afraid as it wasn't the best of days - grey and wet!  We went to visit Scarlett Ribbon, a lovely shop selling clothes, jewellery, gifts and vintage finds and it just happens to be our local stockist of Annie Sloan paint.

I had reservations about the Aubusson Blue paint I bought and couldn't bring myself to paint my kitchen dresser such a dark colour.  I phoned the shop and explained my dilemma and the lady I spoke to was so helpful, giving me tips on my colour choices, how to mix and apply the paint and she really gave me the encouragement I needed to crack on and get my dresser done (I'd love to get it done before Christmas).   

Anyway, I went in to check their paint charts as they have real colour samples painted on boards showing the results of each colour when mixed with various measures of white.  After much deliberation about mixing white with my Aubusson Blue to get a lighter shade, I decided that as it's my first time using the Annie Sloan paint and wax I would prefer not to mix my own and just go for the ready mixed Duck Egg Blue.  The lovely lady said I could do a swap - no quibble and no extra cost so I was very happy.  It's so pleasing to get such a good service, they really couldn't have been any more helpful.  

I'm now ready to go so watch this space - see how long it takes me to get the 'after' shots up on my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment