Thursday 27 September 2012

my birthday

It's my birthday today!  WooHoo!

No, I'm not going to tell you how old I am.  It's not a sore point. I'm not being over-sensitive!  I'd just like to enjoy my birthday today and not dwell on the fact that I'm approaching a BIG birthday.  I say approaching but it isn't that close - I still have a few years to go.

Anyway, I had a very nice day today.  I awoke to a huge pile of pressies and cards.  I saved those that arrived early (no peeking) to open on my Birthday - because I'm a good girl!


MrG took the day off work and we went out for the day. 

We couldn't go too far afield because we had to be back to do the school run so we headed over to Skipton and spent a lovely day browsing round the shops.  There's a lovely shop in a little arcade and I always buy myself a little something there.


this time I bought pretty fabric and ribbon
 

and these little wooden birds to decoupage


We stopped off on the way home to pick the children up from school and MrG popped into the shop to pick up a Birthday cake.  It was quite a special birthday cake because not only was it very scrummy, it was made up of four different flavours.  Quarter vanilla, quarter chocolate, quarter lemon, quarter and quarter coffee - mmm!  Yummy.


Who put those candles there!

No comments:

Post a Comment