Sunday 29 July 2012

summer holiday 2012 - 2nd installment

Do you know who lived in a house like this?


William Shakespeare, no less!

 

Stratford upon Avon is the birthplace of William Shakespeare.  He grew up here and also spent the first five years of married life here with his new wife, Anne Hathaway.

 

I would have liked to have looked around the house and gardens but it was soooo busy.  It was quite tricky getting these photo's without having a stray tourist in shot.  

Anyway, I should mention that on our journey down to our holiday cottage we stopped off for a night in Stratford upon Avon followed by a day in the shops!

Me being me (a bit of a cheapskate) I booked us a room at the Premier Inn.  It was just a 'stop-off' on our trip so we didn't need anything fancy but I must say that I was impressed.  I think it must be a new Premier Inn - I don't know how long it has been open but everything was immaculate.  Our room was clean and bright and right on the canal side with a row of brightly painted barges parked up outside our window.   We had a full English breakfast in the stylish restaurant - it certainly set us up for the day and we didn't need to eat again until our evening meal! 

There are some lovely shops in Stratford - Vinegar Hill, Aspire Style, White Stuff to name just a few.

The very first thing I saw when I walked into White Stuff was this beautiful purple leather handbag.  I walked around the store with it over my shoulder and then when it was time to leave I just knew I couldn't leave without it - I know it's going to be a good old faithful favourite! I love it.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment