Saturday 3 March 2012

ooops!

ooops indeed!

This morning I talked MrG into a trip to the DIY store to buy a new door.

My craft room is actually a small area in the garage that has been partitioned off to divide my toys (craft equipment) and MrG's large toy (Harley Davidson motorbike). The partition walls have been up for over a year now but still remain doorless.

I have a little halogen heater in my craft room but of course all the heat escapes and it can get quite chilly in there - it is a garage after all.

Anyway, I caught MrG on a good day and he agreed to a trip to the store.

So far, so good.

We got to the store, found a door and found some nice nickel door fittings.

So far, so good.

I then decided that while we were there it would be sensible to buy a door for his room so that our doors and door fittings would match. MrG agreed.

So far, so good.

I then decided that as we were in his car (much bigger than my little C1) we should also get a piece of wood to make a desk/dressing table for MissG's room. MrG agreed.

So far, so good.

We ended up spending much more than we had initially set out to spend (as per usual) but still, we had bought everything we need to sort out a few problem areas in our house.

So far, so good.

Heading out to the car with our huge haul, I did ask if he thought we'd have a problem getting it all in the car. "No problem" he said, "we have managed to get lots of DIY stuff in this car before".

We decided the best plan was to drop the front seat down, slot the two doors and the desk top in and I would sit in the back behind MrG. Good idea.

So we dropped the front seat down, slotted the doors in...

So far, so good.

Then......this is where the ooops comes in! While slotting the desk top in from the boot we pushed it through the car too far and it hit the windscreen. It cracked. Ooops! We couldn't believe it. We couldn't believe that such a innocuous little tap could make such a large crack.


So the trip has been an expensive outing! I think it may be some time before MrG agrees to take me to the DIY store again!

No comments:

Post a Comment