Sunday 18 March 2012

mother's day

Thanks to my hubby and children I had a lovely Mother's Day. Home-made cards, breakfast in bed, flowers, chocolates, Victoria sponge cake and endless cups of tea.

pink roses and white tulips

a lovely little selection of chocs (I'm on a diet!)


an antique perfume bottle

and a piggy bank to decoupage

This is my first Mother's Day without my Mum.

The adverts on TV for the week or so running up to Mother's Day were hard to watch. "Treat your Mum this Mother's Day". If only I could - I'd love to have spent the day with her.

I wrote my Mum a Mother's Day card because I wanted to put into words just how much I miss her and love her. I will keep it with my Family Tree records and maybe read it in years to come when it's not quite so painful.

I also took these beautiful flowers to a local beauty spot.


I remember walking here years ago with Mum and the children. We had such a great laugh that day because Mum didn't have appropriate shoes on for such a steep climb up the hill and really struggled on the way down. I think she spent most of the time on her bum because her shoes were so slippery. She ended up taking her socks off and putting them on over her shoes to try to give her more grip. We laughed so much.

the view towards Morecambe Bay

the sea at Morecambe Bay


the view in the opposite direction


the view towards Kendal

and to the mountains of the Lake District

I drive past this hill on my way into town and always think of Mum and the fun we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment