Sunday 4 March 2012

booking a break

Oh, I love having something to look forward to, don't you? After much umm-ing and ahh-ing and discussions over who wants to join us for our summer hols this year I have finally made a decision and booked a summer holiday for MrG, MissG and me! Our 19 year old son hasn't joined us for the last couple of years and is now at Uni so I didn't think for a minute that he would want to join us and but now our 17 year old son is not going to join us as he would rather stay home and invite his girlfriend to stay! *ahem*.

So... I have booked a holiday cottage surrounded by countryside but near enough to Bath, Bristol and Stroud to have a 'retail fix' should I have the urge. It is an area of the UK that I have not stayed before so I am looking forward to exploring. We rarely holiday in the same place twice. We have stayed in some wonderful cottages, in some lovely places and although at the time we enjoy ourselves and say we would return we always feel the need to try somewhere new. Even though we see photo's of the cottage prior to booking, I love pulling up outside and not knowing what it's really going to be like. We have always been pleasantly surprised that the cottages are much nicer than the photo's portray.

Ooo I can't wait to explore this one - it looks great. Just 4 months to go!

Have you booked your summer break yet? Where are you off to?

No comments:

Post a Comment