Saturday 28 January 2012

chore no more

At this time of the year I usually find that I spend a couple of hours over the weekend to tackle my ironing pile.

Ironing is one household chore that I really don't mind at all. I think it's because I use the time to watch a 'girlie' DVD. I'm usually by myself so I can watch anything that takes my fancy, I don't have to be concerned about what the rest of the family think of my soppy lovey- dovey choice of films! It really helps me to whiz through the huge piles of ironing.

My sister lent me a couple of DVD's last time I visited her. I watched Eat Pray Love (with Julia Roberts and Javier Bardem) last weekend and still have The Lake House (with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves) to watch. Have you seen either of them?

This weekend I watched Great Expectations (with Gillian Anderson and Ray Winstone). I recently joined LoveFilm and the Great Expectations DVD was delivered just in time for me to tackle the latest batch of ironing. Did you see it on TV during the Christmas holidays? I only caught the first and second episodes and was frustrated to find that I was too late to see the final episode on BBC iPlayer. I haven't read the book so I was keen to see how the story enfolded. I wasn't disappointed when I finally got to see the end today - I loved it!

Birdsong is another beautiful film. It was shown in two parts over the last couple of Sundays but again, I caught it on iPlayer. We don't have a TV in the bedroom but I do enjoy watching a film in bed with my headphones on - it helps me to concentrate and really get into the film. I'm always a bit fidgety when watching a film in the living room as I feel that I should be doing something with my hands - writing, stitching, sewing or something!

What shall I watch next time? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment