Wednesday 30 November 2011

nice november news!

Yes, I do also have some nice news to share too!

Little MissG and I enjoyed a lovely day at the Knitting and Stitching Show in Harrogate.  She had already been to the show on the Thursday with her school's textile department and she came home telling me how much I would have loved it.  So... on Saturday off we went to Harrogate.  I couldn't believe the size of it - there was stall after stall of all sorts of crafty things.  A joy to the eye, I should say!

The stall holders were really helpful and were happy to share the techniques used in their craft.  I feel inspired to try needle-felting and machine embroidery. 

We bought buttons...

pic to follow

Decopatch paper...

pic to follow
Christmas ornaments to decoupage...

pic to follow

Christmas stars to decoupage...

pic to follow

A needle felting kit...

pic to follow

A freindship bracelet kit...

pic to follow


Little MissG is already wearing her first attempt and is happy with the results.  She'll have to crack on though to get one finished for each of her friends for Christmas!

Have you been watching the Kirsty's Homemade Britain series?  I wasn't so interested in the baking or flower arranging episodes but the one where she joined her local WI to enter three craft pieces based on The Secret Garden book was very inspiring.  I loved the mosaic mirror, silver leaf and key and most of all Kirsty's needle-felted robin.  I think I'll go and get my kit out and have a go....

No comments:

Post a Comment