Tuesday 7 June 2011

half-term hols

It was half-term holidays for my little family last week and we were been blessed with beautiful weather.  My daughter little MissG and I had a few days away in a B&B near Richmond in Yorkshire and we had a lovely time.  One downside was that I didn't pack the right clothes!  The weather hadn't been too good in the days leading up to our little jaunt so I wrongly presumed that we would get much of the same - wet and windy.  Not to worry, we had a great time in the sun even though I was overdressed - my feet were crying out for my flip-flops! Ho-hum.  Another downside was that MrG was very busy at work so couldn't go with us this time, and the boys are now too old for a trip out with Mum unless it's a trip to GAME.  Little MissG is always up for a change of scene and is a great shopping companion!

We didn't really buy very much this time.  I bought a funky little foldaway shopping bag to keep in my handbag...



and some pretty note cards




and a birthday present for my Little Sis - no photo as I don't want to spoil the surprise!

Little MissG got two new tops (as she never has anything to wear!)

and she bought her friend Molly a birthday present 



My other recent purchases include...

a lovely new teapot from TK Maxx to display on my dresser.   I'm the only one in the house that enjoys a good cuppa so I will only use it when family or friends pop round.   I will get enjoyment out of it by displaying it on my dresser though.


Another TK Maxx purchase... a lovely make up bag...


I also bought these lovely mugs from Dunelm Mill - a bargain at 99p.  We certainly didn't need them as our mug cupboard is already overstocked!  I'm a sucker for a nice pattern though - aren't they pretty?


And an ebay purchase... a vintage glass cake stand (no photo yet).  I think a batch of home-made meringues or cream scones would look lovely on this and it will be used for birthday celebrations as I do think a birthday cake should take pride of place!  Talking of meringues, I took my daughter out for tea and cake after school on the last day of term and we had the most fantastic pink, chewy meringues at Emily's on the market square in Kirkby Lonsdale.

Note to self:  Add to my to-do list.  I would love to make my own meringues as it is something I have never attempted to make and yet I do love them!  I found a recipe for Ultimate Meringues on the BBC Good Food website so I just need to get the ingredients.

I'll let you know how they turn out!

Bye for now x



No comments:

Post a Comment